The course is centred around the crucial and relevant cyber security skills and techniques needed to protect and defend your organisation’s business assets and information systems. Training is delivered in a boot camp style format and with integrated hands-on lab exercises designed to give you the chance to test your newly acquired skills.
- Overview of Computer Science/IT
- Networking Fundamentals
- Open Source Intelligence
- Cyber Security Knowledge Domains
- Roles in Industry
- Cyber Security Threat Modelling using STRIDE methodology
- Real world case studies
- Information resources for staying current
Skills/competencies/knowledge that would be gained through this course:
- Understand the cyber threats and vulnerabilities of computer networks, protocols, applications and network equipment.
- Understand basic cybersecurity issues, privacy principles and organisational requirements relating to data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Understand common attack vectors, different classes of attacks and types of cyber attackers.
- Understand basic cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Use Linux command line tools to determine network content, passwords and vulnerabilities.
Statement of Attendance/ Badge is provided upon completion?
- UNSW Canberra certificate of attendance.